The single most important thing to us here at MotorSport New Zealand is, and always has been, the health, safety and wellbeing of our competitors, volunteers, suppliers and staff. It’s no secret that safety is at the core of what we do and the COVID-19 global pandemic is no different.
So we’ve pulled together this page for you, summarising all the key information you need to know. Remember if you need to speak with us, you can find a list of key staff contact details here.
We wish you and your loved ones good health at this time and thank you for your assistance in helping us keep everyone safe.
- COVID-19 Organiser Resources
- Latest Update
- Previous Updates
- Financial Information and Tips
- Further Information
September 11, 2020: Spectators permitted at events.
Following continued consultation with government agencies, MotorSport New Zealand has revised our current “Back in Motion” Plan for our various motorsport disciplines to conform with the requirements set by Government to meet the updated guidelines to ensure events can continue to run safely.
The revised Back in Motion Guidelines and Venue Plan documents are linked below.
These changes take place with immediate effect.
Below is a quick summary of the changes in the revised documents:
- Spectator admittance is permitted however spectators must be clearly segregated in their own ‘defined space’ away from the participants and officials of the event, and the event must still meet all current Government guidelines for gathering size limits. This will allow the organisers to ensure that their event is run within the guidelines set by the Government and MotorSport New Zealand.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended, but no longer mandatory
Please take time to carefully read the revised documents (linked below) and ensure you are aware of how the changes may affect your event as this may require you to update your venue plan.
The team at MotorSport New Zealand are available to help out with anything regarding the ‘Back in Motion’ guidelines or other motorsport related questions.
Please remember to check back here for the latest updates regarding COVID-19.
Previous MotorSport New Zealand updates:
- 4 September: COVID-19 Revised Back in.Motion Guidelines
- 14 August: COVID-19 Alert Levels Extended
- 12 August: August Alert Level COVID-19 Update
- 10 June: Back in Motion Alert Level 1 Update
- 4 June: MotorSport New Zealand announces $200,000 Back in Motion support package
- 20 May: MotorSport New Zealand’s ‘Back in Motion’ plan revealed
- 20 May: Sport NZ – Quick reference for play, active recreation & sport
- 14 May: ‘Restarting Motorsport’ plan underway
- 7 May: Sport NZ Community Resilience Fund
- 4 May: 2020 New Zealand Rally Championship postponed indefinitely
- 21 April: Alert Level 3 – Update from MotorSport New Zealand
- 21 April: Sport New Zealand guidelines on sporting activities at Level 3 & FAQ’s
- 2 April: Letter from CEO, Simon Baker
- 28 March: Financial Information to help with COVID-19
- 27 March: MotorSport New Zealand AGM, conference and annual awards postponed
- 22 March: MotorSport New Zealand office closure
- 19 March: MotorSport New Zealand to suspend all events for two months
- 19 March: Final round of MotorSport New Zealand Championship cancelled
- 17 March: Final round of MotorSport New Zealand Championship postponed
- 17 March: Update: MSNZ Championship event at Hampton Downs, March 27-29
- 16 March: Statement regarding Coronavirus and MotorSport Events in New Zealand
- 13 March: Coronavirus Update
Further Background Information:
We know that we all have a vital role to play in keeping all New Zealanders safe and healthy during this time. It’s important to know that our collective efforts will have an impact on the overall wellbeing of New Zealand.
Every decision we make is informed first and foremost by the safety of our people. With this in mind, we wish to reiterate this important information along with providing you with updates relating to the sport as they become relevant.
However, as this pandemic is a constantly evolving situation and will be for some time, we are continuously monitoring the situation and keeping abreast of the latest updates from the New Zealand Government. Therefore, we strongly recommend regularly checking this page for the latest updates that could affect activities here.
Secondary to protecting the health and wellbeing of our people, is minimising the impact on our sport as much as possible. So we’d like you to be assured that MotorSport New Zealand staff are continuing to work remotely during the lockdown period and will be available to assist you with any queries during standard business hours to help with this.
Please remember that to see the latest official advice or for further information regarding COVID-19, please see the New Zealand Government’s dedicated COVID-19 website here.
If you would like to be added to the distribution list for updates regarding COVID-19, please subscribe here so you can keep up to date.