WEBB JOIN’S BONIFACE AT TEAM KIWI RACING (TKR) IN A TWO CAR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM.
For 18 years Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) has been supporting up and coming Kiwi drivers at all levels of motorsport from grass roots level here in New Zealand to the top level of international competition.
The list of drivers Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) has supported either finically and or selected to drive for Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) directly is nothing short of impressive and reads as a list of who’s who of New Zealand Motorsport.
More recently TKR has remained focussed of the development of fresh new Kiwi motorsport talent that TKR Owner David John believes has the potential to follow what TKR is all about and shine on the domestic motorsport market before making the significant step up to the international motorsport stage.
This year Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) has increased their support of young Kiwi drivers as part of the TKR Development Academy.
The commitment by Team Kiwi Racing (TKR) to increase their level of support for the coming season will see two identical TKR All Black Machines on the local circuits in 2017/18.
Thomas Boniface who also raced under the TKR banner last season and is the youngest every Kiwi driver to have competed in a New Zealand sanctioned motorsport event, has started the new season off on the right foot with TKR last weekend, winning his first touring car race at the opening round of the 2017/18 New Zealand Series in his TKR All Black Machine.
Adding to the TKR talent pool for the 2017/18 season is previous Speedsport Scholarship winner James Webb.
Webb will be driving an identical looking TKR All Black Machine in a TKR two car campaign for the 2017/18 season.
Boniface will run in the 2.0ltr class and Webb will run in the Open Class providing great coverage over the weekend for our sponsors, supporters and the ability to share track condition information between TKR drivers each weekend.
James Webb Profile below:
· Hometown: Feilding, Manawatu
· Occupation: Student at Victoria University of Wellington (Bachelor of Commerce)
· High School: FAHS Feilding High School
· Family: Dad Sean, Mum Jennifer, Younger Sister Tessa 16 (New Zealand representative runner)
· Love of motorsport began from going down to Manfeild as a child with his Nana and Dad.
· Webb started racing at age 10 at Kartsport Manawatu where he quickly moved up the ranks to national competition and achieved a number of championship titles along the way as follows:
· NZ CIK Champion Junior Restricted
· Tauranga Street Race Champion Junior Restricted
· WPKA Goldstar Champion Junior Yamaha
· WPKA Goldstar Grand Prix Champion Junior Yamaha
· Multiple time Manawatu Club Champion
· Star of Excellence trophy winner
· Speedsport Scholarship winner at the age of 15.
· Webb went on to secure 2nd place in the Manfeild Winter Series (2013/14).
· In 2015/16 Webb stepped up into Formula Ford Championship where he was a multiple time Formula Ford Championship Round winner in the South Island Series and achieved multiple national round podium finishes.
· In 2016/17 Webb was one of two Kiwi drivers selected to test drive a formula 4 car in Australia but due to the finances a driver was required to bring to the table to secure the drive Webb had no option to sit out the season with the exception of securing an enduro drive in a Porsche Carrera Cup Car along with multiple driver training days for various manufacturers throughout the season.
· In 2017/18 TKR gave Webb a call to see if the parties could get this talented young Kiwi’s drivers career back on track and the rest is history.
Webb will next line up on the gird for TKR at his home track of Manfeild on the 21st and 22nd October 2017.
“I just wanted to say a big thank you to TKR for this exciting opportunity and the chance I have been provided to represent such an iconic Kiwi motorsport brand”
“I know I have the drive and ability to succeed in motorsport but opportunities like what TKR has provided me and that TKR have provided many other top Kiwi drivers before me, just do not come along very often if at all and I look forward to repaying the faith TKR has shown in me through providing me with this exciting opportunity”. said James Webb
For further information please call David John on 0011 64 21 636877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org