Logbooks are important documents because they are used to record all relevant information pertaining to a vehicle and its’ competition history and they are an important scrutineering tool. It is recommended that all vehicles have a Logbook, however the following vehicles must have a valid Logbook:
- Vehicles competing in a Series, and
- Purpose Built and/or Dedicated Motorsport Vehicles, and
- Cars with a Safety Structure (roll protection), and
- Vehicles requiring a LVVTA MotorSport Authority Card, and
- As required by Event Supplementary Regulations.
When applying for a logbook competitors have three options:
- Competitors who intend to compete primarily in ClubSport Status Events may apply for a ClubSport Logbook. This does not stop you from competing in a National Race or Rally event if you decided you want to step up your level of competition.
- Competitors who intend to compete primarily in National Race and Rally Events may apply for a National Logbook. But you are still free to use your vehicle in other events.
- Once your logbook is full competitors may apply for a Replacement Logbook. All Replacement Logbooks shall be issued as a National Logbook but at a discounted rate to the normal National Logbook. However, this does not apply to lost/stolen/damaged logbooks.