Competition licences can be renewed either through MotorSport NZ Online login at the bottom of this page, or using our paper renewal service. Licences can be renewed from one month prior to their expiry.
If you have a credit card the easiest and fastest way to renew your licence is online. Usernames and passwords are emailed out to members at the start of the month their licence expires in. Licences that are renewed online are generally processed on either the same or the following business day, but certain factors may cause delay. Please allow for extra time relating to the delivery of the licence. Payment is made by Credit Card through a secure ASB Bank site.
If you have forgotten your details, please use the forgotten details function located under the login area before calling the office.
Paper Renewal Forms
Paper renewal forms are sent out to members who have not renewed their licence within the first two weeks of the month it expires in. These forms will need to be filled out, signed and returned to MotorSport New Zealand with the appropriate payment details. Licences that are renewed using the paper renewal method generally get processed within three business days from being received in the office, but certain factors may cause delay. Please also allow for extra time relating to the delivery of the licence. Should a quicker service be necessary a priority fee of 50% of the licence fee may apply. Payment can be made by either Credit Card or cheque. If you would like renewal forms sent to you please contact us.
When Renewing Your Licence...
- Licences cannot be renewed if your Car Club membership has expired.
- Renewals for National grade licences cannot be renewed without completing the Medical Aptitude Declaration renewal form.
- International grade licences cannot be renewed if the competitor does not hold a current International Medical Card.
- Licence cards are now printed with a current head and shoulders photo of the Licence Holder, so if you have not supplied us with a photo in the previous 5 years you will need to provide one.
- If you have an LVVTA / MSNZ Authority Card it will expire on the same day as your licence, and you may need to apply to renew this.
Details on renewing Authority Cards can be found under Technical - Authority Cards