2016 ELITE MOTORSPORT ACADEMY
MotorSport NZ has established The MotorSport NZ Scholarship Trust to;
- Source and manage funds, and
- Introduce and administer an Elite MotorSport Academy, and
- Develop in conjunction with the appropriate agencies a modern apprenticeship programme for motorsport technicians and
- Develop programmes designed to assist with skill-based education of motorsport competitors, support crew and officials who have indicated outstanding performance or organisational qualities in their chosen discipline of the sport.
The Elite MotorSport Academy will be conducted again in conjunction with the New Zealand Academy of Sport South Island.
AIMS OF ELITE MOTORSPORT ACADEMY
- To provide a one-week intensive “in camp” programme of physical and educational training assistance package to up to nine MotorSport NZ recognised Race or Rally competitors who have already demonstrated the ability to excel in their chosen motorsport discipline.
- To provide a tailored twelve month follow up package for the academy graduates to ensure they retain and further develop the training regimes and educational opportunities demonstrated “in camp’.
Those chosen to attend will live “in camp” for the duration of the Elite Academy and in addition to the personal development thrust of the programmes will undertake a number of team building activities. These activities will be awarded points with recognition at the end of the camp to the team scoring the highest.
Soon after arrival “in camp” attendees will be assessed on components of their personal fitness relevant to being an elite driver. Components to be assessed will include
- Heat stress tolerance
- Reaction time
- Visual abilities
- Muscle balance/posture
Applications for the 2016 Elite MotorSport Academy close on the 18th March 2016.
The applicants selected for the 2016 Elite MotorSport Academy will;
(a) Attend the Elite Academy camp in Dunedin, scheduled for the week of 3rd to 10th July 2016, all accommodation and meals provided and travel to and from Dunedin, and
(b) Participate in a specifically tailored follow up programme over the following twelve months.